shoeing/pads

I got to thinking the other day ... dreaming was more like it, I guess, when I
was perusing the Tevis homepage and hoping that my up and coming filly will
have "IT" when she's older.....

Shoeing and pads.

My big mare (as opposed to my hopeful filly) has rock sensitive feet, and,
although she is shod up front, the issue of pads isn't a big concern because
the ride we do around here aren't as foot intensive as, say, some of the
desert rides and mountain rides in the western states.

I guess my question is, for those rides that are fairly intensive on the feet,
and for those of you who have rock sensitive horses, have you ever had your
farrier apply full pads under you horses shoes?  Or do you find that it
changes the hoof angle too much and appplies undue stress?

Just curious.....

mary and the gang