Re: Lon Lewis quotes and my final reply tto ti

In a message dated 98-06-25 14:17:18 EDT, jlong@mti.net writes:

<< This is the point at which I joined the discussion.  In part because
 those same posts suggested that endurance horses are underfed and that
 they are underfed because we aren't competitive and are resistant to
 innovation, and in part because I believe that feeding programs
 developed to enhance short sprinting ability are not necessarily
 appropriate to long distance ability.  I believe that feeding the
 amounts of grain (proportional to body weight) that Tom uses for his
 racehorses would be, at best, counterproductive for endurance horses
 (and, at worst, potentially dangerous).

See my recent post on exercise research and nutrition up to 1995. You'll see
what I mean about endurance horses being underfed energy.

ti