Re: Lon Lewis quotes and my final reply tto ti

In a message dated 98-06-25 13:51:40 EDT, CMKSAGEHIL@aol.com writes:

<< Not quite all of us.  Some of us came, saw, didn't like, made other career
 choices, and went endurance riding. >

Right. I've seen that situation occur a dozen times. But those successfully
practicing on the track are shooting 'em up with whatever today's flavor is.

>On a similar note, the cutting horse
 people are bad about medicating, too, especially their futurity babies.  Dane
 Frazier and I sat together at a lecture by Dr. Jerry Black at an AAEP meeting
 a few years ago, and listened to Jerry expound about all the ways to drug a
 horse to keep him working through a painful injury, and then justify it by
 saying, "If you drug him, you are doing him a big favor, because they're
gonna
 ride him anyway, and if he doesn't hurt as bad, they won't drill on him so
 hard, and he won't suffer as much." >

Shameless. Equine Athlete had a similar series of articles a couple years
back, where several tracker types were explaining why their Lincoln trunks
were weighted down with corticosteroids. The AAEP calls it "normalizing" and
sanctions it.

 >Dane and I both sat there speechless with
 our jaws dropped.  Nope, endurance riders are much more progressive about
 allowing horses to heal and return to health when injuries occur.>

That's evidence of 30 more IQ points right there.

 Heidi >>

ti