Re: Carbs - only part of the picture

On Wed, 24 Jun 1998 Tivers@aol.com wrote:

> >  Some of the information you bring to this
>  list is very good, but some of it is so far off base it could mislead
>  an inexperienced endurance rider into doing things that could hurt
>  their horse (like overfeeding grain).>
>
> Your interpretations of what I've said are what's off base.

Unfortunately, Joe may also be right in that inexperienced endurance
riders (or others) may misunderstand you (be as equally off base) as to
think that they should be giving 25 lbs of grain to their endurance horse
in order to maintain weight

and they would probably kill their horses.

I am not sure what the solution to this is....there will always be people
who misunderstand...especially when you are talking to over 1000 strangers
who have varying degrees of experience, expectations, backgrounds, and
understanding.

As a warning to everyone on ridecamp....(and anywhere else on the
internet...or anywhere else...for that matter)

"...but (fill in the blank) said that this was the right thing to do..."

is no excuse for doing the wrong thing.

So, if I kill my horse feeding it 25 lbs of grain, because I thought that
is what Tom Ivers told me I should do, it's my fault, not Tom Ivers's
fault.

kat
Orange County, Calif.