Further on Canadian Border Crossing

Greetings from Canada,

I am sorry to have created a scare about VS in New Mexico.  I was told by
Agriculture Canada that there had been an outbreak so obviously what they
consider an outbreak only has to one case.  Our government is very serious
about keeping disease out of Canada.

I have a further update on border crossing if you are from the three states
affected, Texas, New Mexico and Arizona. If you already have GOVERNMENT
CERTIFIED HEALTH PAPERS from these states you will be allowed into Canada
after being inspected at the border.  To be  inspected you must make an
appointment at least  a day in advance.  The fee is $25   Canadian , about
$17.50 US as long as you are there in  office hours, 8am to 4pm. The number
 to call if you entering Canada at the two ports in Manitoba which have vet
inspection are : Pembina ( north of Grand Forks, North Dakota) is 204 -
373-2346. If you are coming from the west and crossing at the port at
Dunseith, North Dakota, the number is 204 - 534-6288.This is  only
necessary if you are coming from those three states. Other wise you can
cross the border  without any inspection as long as you have negative
Coggins within 6 months and government certified health papers.	I can have
 AG Canada fax a   copy of this ruling to anyone who will be crossing and
wants reassurance of being able to cross.

I hope this makes things clear if you have further questions please contact
me.

Myna Cryderman
Ride Manager of the Great Northern Connection
FEI World Cup Qualifier and Pan Am pre-ride