Their own thing

I guess everybody that has an opinion has a different way of feeding the
horse. If you have 100 people you will get 100 different ways to feed
the horse. My  husband and I have alot of rides under our belts
including 5 Tevis Cup Buckles and we always feed straight alfalfa. 1.5
to 2 per cent of their body weight aday with 8 cups of wheat bran and 2
cups of sweet grain aday. I weight all the feedings and all the horses
under my care maintain their body weight without getting to skinny or to
fat. And this method has lasted me for 25 years. Oh, and the horses get
Horse Guard vitamins everyday. And Horse Guard Biotin concentrate. And
thats all. I don't worry about carbo loading and all that, because the
horses  give us what we ask for when we ask for it. So, everybody does
things different. But just because something works for one person
doesn't mean it will work for another. So you have to do what works for
you and most important of all the HORSE!!
Rebecca--Underwood Enterprizes