Re: Carbs - only part of the picture

In a message dated 98-06-24 12:30:32 EDT, jlong@mti.net writes:

<< Any horse that exercises 20 to 100 miles on a few pounds of grain and
forage
 >is underfed as far as optimum performance is concerned.  >>

The above statement that Tom directed at Joe is not quite accurate--we have
replaced the grain load with SEVERAL pounds of forage (some of my horses will
consume up to 40# of hay in the 24 hours pre-ride) and will continue to
consume throughout the event.  Most of us feed small amounts of grain along
with the forage.

Heidi