Re: Carbs - only part of the picture

In a message dated 98-06-24 12:30:38 EDT, jlong@mti.net writes:

<< Most successful endurance riders are quite aware of the energy demands
 of their horses, and have learned a great deal over the last few
 decades about how to best meet those demands.  New research is always
 continuing and welcome, but neither research nor experience from
 short-distance anearobic events necessarily translates to the
 endurance horse.

 --

 Joe Long >>

Fortunately, this thread began with endurance people reporting their
beneficial experiences feeding carbs during a ride. If you would prefer that
those people not report their results so that you can maintain your opinions,
then I invite them all to report to me, leaving you to your bliss.

By the way, the protocol for carbohydrate feedings in endurance horses is
nothing like that used with racehorses. It took us a couple of years to figure
out what worked with endurance horses, and many of the people in this
newsgroup helped figure it out--while you and others were screaming "foul".

ti