Re: Heat & Humitity

We are talking to the vets right now.  This is a newbie ride manager.  She is
concerned about the heat and I'm sure we will have the extra water.

"Tubbie" has already done 105 miles since May 1 and she is in pretty good
shape.  This will be her longest ride and she is only 6.  I think the other
thing we have to do is get ride time lenghthened.  Under UMECRA rules, we have
so much time to do 50 miles and must come in a window to not have any points
deducted.  I may decide to do it a little longer.  Points off, Oh, Well.  Ride
management can make these decisions and I am sure they will.  It's just a
matter of hearing what everybody is saying.

What I am really concerned about is how much  she will lose in sweat.  She
drinks and eats well (oh Yea!)  She may need extra eletrolytes. They question
is 2x or 3x the electrolytes.  Or maybe electrolyte every hour.

Thanks for your help.

Becke & Nikker (going down the trail looking for puddles)