Re: spongeing at camp

Dear Glenn,

We will continue to have respect for one another...the wording of the
original post had some alarm to it, but seems to have been clarified.

For your info, you'd be surprised at how supportive Truman and I
actually are of CTRs in putting base on horses and for variety in comp-
itition..especially the 3 day 100s. I was actually elected recently to
the BOD of a very old CTR organization, The Florida Horseman, and will
be installed as president of a mostly CTR sanctioning body, SEDRA.
(Sanctioned endurance rides just about equal the CTRs now in Fl. so
SEDRA is becoming more balanced in its scope).

So my retort (sp) at the statement that riders couldn't sponge their
horses in camp was NOT directed at CTR...it was simply ..directed!

With your further explanation of trail water, etc. in Michigan, it all
sounds as if it will work out just fine..if everyone pays attention to
his horse first and formost.

And yes, the origin of CTR appears to have been lost in antiquity, as
you say....would you like to do an article for me to post in our SEDRA
newsletter on the history of CTRs? I'd love that, as many are confused
as to the whys of that discipline. If the "whys" were more understood
the game could be more fun and the difference between endurance and
CTR be more clear.

Thanks for writing.

Deena Meyer,
Inverness, Fl.