Re: spongeing at camp

In a message dated 98-06-23 23:06:59 EDT, gfoste19@idt.net writes:

<< This
 time, however, you spoke way to quickly and way too loudly about something
that you
 didnt read closely enough.  I have been to several of the UMECRA CTR's that
Becke
 is talking about and am also planning to ride this one (only a shorter
distance than she
 will).

 She said you can't sponge IN CAMP.  You CAN SPONGE anywhere else.  Michigan
has A LOT
 of "natural water".  >>

Sorry, Glenn, but I still maintain that sponging in camp is important, as the
horse is no longer moving and creating his own breeze to aid in evaporation.
It appears that UMECRA's rules DO allow this if the manager arranges it for
all, and from Becke's posts, it seems clear that she is trying to arrange
that.  More power to her.

Heidi