Re: Carbs - only part of the picture

Truman:

I do just about what you do....but noe rice bran.
My feed is MY formula...mostly corn.  The ONLY
suoppliments are mineral mix and electrolytes.  I
have selenium, Vitamine ADE, dical, etc.  added to
feed, but they don't get that much grain at
all...3-6 lbs. per day when working HARD.  I think
part of the problem is that many horses take up to
a year to adjust to the workload, hence lose
weight until their metabolic system is efficient.

Teddy