Ollov Originals

From: Susan
Email: spyne@juno.com

Well, in our (my blacksmith & I) never-ending search of solutions to foot and interference problems, today we put
Ollov Original shoes on Teekoe.  These
are steel shoes fully encased in rubber.
The same material used for tires.  I would have written ridecamp prior to using them, but I knew nothing of them until my farrier brought them to me today.  According to the brochure, they
will provide extra cushioning (excess
pounding on the feet is my farrier's #1
opinion of why the hooves are chipping)
Also, the nailheads are recessed and hopefully will remain tight.  My concern
is the gripping factor.  According to
the manufacturer's brochure, the shoe is
designed to allowing some sliding.  I will definately report my results once
known but would like to hear from anyone
out there who has experience with these
shoes.  They look a whole like like the
pictures I have seen of "sneakers" except they are not round.  Thanks!