Re: Presenting a horse so as to maximize possibilties for BC

Softrider Saddles wrote:

> Treat the horse that wants to rub on you the same way that you treat one
> that wants to bite.
> Rebecca

I agree with Rebecca on this...   Before bringing "Dobbin" up for his BC
check, hopefully he'll have had some good head rubbing into a turkish
towel.

However, when the towel isn't with you and your own hands can't relieve
the itchy head syndrome, then rubbing against the handler or others is
a definite NO-NO.

Deena Meyer
Inverness, Fl.

P.S. Whenever finishing a ride, I slip the whole headstall off and offer
a turkish towel right up to the horses head..they soon learn to lean in
to it and RUB really hard, scratching all the itchy places...usually the
forehead, right down the middle and over the eyes, are the places the
horse puts the most amount of pressure in rubbing.This seems to really
satisfy...somehow I have the feeling that this NEEDS to be done in order
finish a complete cycle of feeling cleaned up and comfortable.

Try it.

D~