Re: Presenting a horse so as to maximize possibilties for BC

Dear Joe,

<< Train your horse before the ride to the things asked of him at a BC
 check.  This includes good manners when being examined, including not
 throwing his head around or rubbing on the vet.  He should trot
 straight but freely on a loose lead, without hanging back or dancing
 about.  If you hold the lead short to control his head a good vet will
 spot that in a second! >><

     How does one go about training their horse to not rub his head on the vet
(or any other nearby human, horse, tree limb, etc.)?   David is terrible about
doing this, especially when he is hot, and I'm afraid I've only encouraged the
habit by letting him rub his head on me by way of reward after a ride.  Thanks
in advance.

Trish & "pretty David"
Grand Blanc, Michigan