presenting for BC/head rubbing

My horses are NOT allowed to rub on me.

We have an agreement.  If they let me know they are *that* itchy, I will
scratch them.

When I see they are about to rub on me.  I tell them NO and push them back,
maybe 'pop' them on the shoulder if they are being insistent.  As soon as
they realize they will not be allowed to scratch on me, I use my
hands/fingernails to scratch their faces to their hearts content, forehead,
cheeks and behind their ears, down the neck and sometimes even a backrub.

They have learned if they will ask polity I will scratch until my fingers
are nubs.

Becky Huffman
and
Shadow, favorite spot to be scratched, anywhere that can be reached with
fingernails.