Re: Robinson Flat campground

Victoria A Thompson wrote:

> Could somebody tell me if you have to make reservations to camp at
> Robinson Flat for Tevis or if it is a first come first serve deal.
>
>  Just trying to get myself organized for the big event.
>
> Tori

There is very limited space at Robinson Flat on Ride weekend.  No, you don't
need to book with anyone, but you should plan to get there before dark the day
before (Friday, 8/7) to find a spot to camp.  Areas that will be used for the
vetcheck will aready be roped off by then.  Also, do not park along the roads
leading into/through the site.

Avoid bringing your trailer into Robinson.  If you can separate your horse
trailer from your camping rig, plan on parking it at the Foresthill Mill Site
(where the Foresthill vetcheck is held).  Shuttle service for horses pulled at
Robinson is provided by the Ride back down to there.  The roadway in and out of
Robinson becomes VERY congested on the morning of the Ride.  There is barely
room for vehicles to pass, especially in sections where parking is permitted
along one side.

Also, if you have space, share the ride from Foresthill with some other folks
who are crewing.

/richard, tevis webguy

--
    Natalie's Barn & Breakfast -- a B&B for Horses ...and their Riders
http://www.foothill.net/natalies  530-637-4644 or Toll Free: 1-877-NATBARN