Vitamin supplements

I am looking for input on whether to add just Vitamin E, or a multi-vitamin
& mineral supplement to my horses feed.

I am feeding him corn oil(1st time I have feed oil).  This is a new horse I
want to put weight on as I condition him(slowly) for CTR's.  He is not
obsessed with food, but will eat 1-1/2 kg sweetfeed & microcorn, + 3/4 cup
oil + selenium/Vit E supp per day, in 2 feeds.  Will be adding a yeast
culture. He is on full-time pasture.

I know that feeding oil needs extra Vit E, but a "feed expert" recommended
I use a multi vitamin/mineral supp containting over 400 IU vit E/day.
Without this advice I would have feed just the Vit E(found some in a local
tack shop)

I appreciate all opinions and advice from the REAL feed experts!

Alison