Ring Bone

Hi group!  A friend of mine has a wonderful Morgan mare who was diagnosed
with ring bone about 5 years ago.  She only shows signs of being very
slightly off (barely grade 1) on a circle with the bad foot on the inside,
never shows signs on the straightway.  She hasn't progressed any worse in
the years Debbie has owned her and you really wouldn't even know she had
ring bone if Debbie didn't mention it and you have to look really hard at
her on the circle.  There were never any xrays taken, so I don't even think
it is a confirmed diagnosis without xrays.  My question is can this mare do
endurance?  She does great on our rides, no tripping, no problems.  I was
thinking if she vetted in and the vet marked her slightly off on that front
and then during the ride if she never got any worse she'd probably be fine.
 Anyone else out there riding a horse with ringbone?  Please post public
because Debbie is a ridecamp lurker.  Thanks!

                                  Cheryl Newbanks
~~~           ~~ ^ ^        SW Region
~~~\      _ ~~/ /\ /        Buckeye, AZ
       (   ) __    ) ' '        horsetrails@inficad.com