Re: Bandaging horses legs

>In all my years I have never, never advised someone or myself, wrapped
>muscles
>due to soreness from pushing conditioning to a greater level.

Don't forget, horses have no muscles from the knee down..I'm not sure
what the linament is supposed to help, but I once read to be very careful
about it because our horses probably have some scrapes and scratches that
wouldn't feel too good with alcohol or linament poured in them.

When I was a teenager my best friend took ELASTIC bandage and wrapped her
horse's leg TIGHT!. It was horrible.  When they saw it the next day, the
vet held out no hope for his regaining the circulation in the leg, her
dad did hot/cold soaks for days.  He did come back, but any time she did
a big event (barrel racing) that leg would swell the next day.  I've been
scared of bandages ever since.

Angie

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]