Strangles or virus

I have had two horses ( so far ) get this washoe virus, I vaccinate my
horses against strangles..this did not look or have any outward symptoms of
strangles to my knowledge on my horses..inncidently I treated one and
didn't treat the other both recovered for the most part within 7 to 10 days
with the only remaining symptom to last a little longer it was a cough. I
gave the first horse that I rode at the ride a month off and am bringing
her back realy slow, was planning to have her do the Tevis but that is out
of the question now.
Mary Anne Maynard