Re: cotton rope vs braided nylon (a word of caution)

On Wed, 10 Jun 1998 21:59:35 -0700 (PDT), K S Swigart
<katswig@deltanet.com> wrote:

>I cannot EVEN imagine holding on to biothane reins.  Just looking at that
>stuff is enough to make me cringe at the thought of the edges slicing
>through my hands.  Do people who use biothane reins always ride in
>gloves...or do they just take their chances (or are the edges not as
>"sharp" as they look)?

The edges are not sharp.  I've ridden thousands of miles with biothane
split reins, and I like them ... I've never been hurt by them (neither
has my horse).  I also use (and like) nylon braided split reins.

--

Joe Long
jlong@mti.net