Efficient gait and forging

My young distance horse is developing one heck of a trot and recently she
has chosen to remain in an extended trot rather than switch to canter. I've
allowed her to do this since she goes like the wind at this sort of trot.
Reading Susan's post about efficient gaits, I understand that my horse knows
her trot is her most efficient gait for moving out. However, she
does forge some when she's doing this trot. I've been thinking that as
her dressage training progresses she will learn to use her rear end more and
lighten up her forehand, therefore allowing her front hooves to get out of the
way of her rear ones. ALso there's a possiblity that the toes on her front
shoes need to be rolled a little more to allow her to breakover quicker,
something that I'll talk to my farrier about. Is forging common in young
distance horses and am I on the right track to eliminating it?Thanks-Amy