Re: Carbos @ Californio 100

At 11:48 PM 6/9/98 -0700, you wrote:

>I don't use any applesauce with mine.  I put the powder in film canisters
>that I take along with me in my saddle bag (along witha  dosing syringe),

Hi Kat: That is a great idea - what carbo brand are you using?  I've been
using GNC, and maybe it's just that particular package of it, but I have to
really stir it up...just shaking in the syringe doesn't mix it enough, and
it will clog up in the end of the syringe. :(  (cutting the tip of the
syringe off doesn't help either)  I've got the vita-flex carbo-charge on
order and will see if that might work better.  I find that by mixing it
overnight and letting it set up a little (get thick) that when I dose it,
it will ALL stay in the horses mouth...with one horse esp. if I give him
something too thin (watery) he'll open his mouth and let it drop out (even
if I hold his head up for a minute first).

Happy Trails,

Karen
in Gardnerville
& Weaver
& Rocky...who even gets dosed now while I'm on him too!!