Endurance, human variety

I have a project that may be of interest to some of you and means a great
deal to me personally.  I really need our community to come forward and
help, if it will.

I am running the Dublin marathon this year (that's right, Ireland) with the
"Joints In Motion" team of the Arthritis Foundation.  This is for my
seriously ill father (45 years with arthritis and 4 joint replacements, no
less) and a little girl with juvenile arthritis.

Now, the way we all abuse ourselves we're all primed to need help with
arthritis at some time in our lives, so this affects us all.  Having run 3
marathons in the past (1989/91) I can tell you that with only two legs -
this qualifies as human endurance at 26.2 miles.  Trust me. But it's worth
it to help out.

I need to find sponsors to raise (collectively) $3,500.  Not easy, but
possible.  If you can become a sponsor with a donation of any amount you
are comfortable with, I would be extremely grateful.

For this, you can respond privately to: equest@voxworks.com   and we can
talk details.

Thanks to all of you for your understanding with this.  It means a lot.

M.