LD v's Endurance??

As a lurking Aussie, I find all this talk about whether Limited distance is
endurance etc a bit strange.  Our rules on this seem far more clear cut.
We have no placings for our 40km (25M) rides,which are called 'training'
rides, or best conditioned etc.  The vets are able to award a Best Managed
horse but this is generally not a prize as such.  All completions in the
40k have the same opportunity in a lucky dip if the ride managers supply
this.  They are training rides and most people treat them as such.  No
record of kilometres is kept, or points awarded to any ride less than 80km
(50M).  This seems simple and I personally have never heard anyone I know
complaining whether or not they are considered an endurance rider or not if
they mainly ride the shorter rides, to be honest, I don't think the title
matters as much here as it seems to for most of you.

Happy riding

Kate