Re: Endurance???

In a message dated 6/7/98 3:25:37 PM PST, softride@cdsnet.net writes:

<< do YOU want to tell them that riding even 1 mile is not endurance. >>
Dear Rebecca, I have to comment here as fanatics about anything are a danger
to themselves and those they attemp to protect. The term "Endurance" in this
case is irrellevant. The "Title" of this type of riding, 50 miles or more is
"Endurance" as defined by the rules of this organization. Anything 25 miles or
more is defined as limited distance, by the rules. You may call anything else
anything you wish, and tell anyone they have done anything. If it makes them
feel better, or makes you feel better. But to get a completion in any of the
rides you have to complete the total of miles specified by  the rules. I
applaud the handicapped for even attempting any of this. But I dont believe
they would want to be given something they havent earned, I think most have
more intelligence and  pride than you give them credit for. And none of this
discussion has anything to do with the handicapped to start with. This has to
do with the proffesional 25 milers that dont want to do 50 miles or more. They
want 25 mile "RACES" to be called endurance rides. They want an easy race to
win and have no intention of moving up. The LD rider that uses this as a
starting point and training ride as it was intended, is not the whiner here,
nor the person that cannot do more than limited distance. And these same
people are the first ones on the band wagon to condemn the 25 mile marathon
races in Quatar and the money races. Play within the rules of the organization
and enjoy the fruits of your labor. But dont ask for something you havent
earned.......
                                                        Ken Cook ( West
Region) and I started with LD'S.