RE: riding sneakers survey

From: Lucy Chaplin Trumbull
Email: elsie@calweb.com

> I would like a pair of riding sneakers this year.
> I have a (sort of) wide foot.  Does anyone out there
> like a specific brand of riding sneaker and have wide
> feet like mine?...
> Paula

I have never worn "proper girl's shoes" in my life,
because they are too constricting, so I hate tight
shoes. Last year I bought a pair of "Miller's Heels
Down" riding sneakers/hiking-style-boots (they are
suede and nylon with high ankles).

They were too tight across the ball of the foot and
pinched to begin with. However, on the advice of my
husband, the first three times I wore them, I sprayed
them inside and out with "shoe stretch" (some stuff
that comes in an aerosol can). By the end of the week
they fit great and I've worn them practically every
day since (including to my office - seeing as you never
know when you might get a chance to ride...). They are
my most comfy pair of shoes.

So just bear that in mind - "shoe stretch" - Patrick says
you get it from shoe shops. Ha.
--
Lucy Chaplin Trumbull - elsie@calweb.com
Repotted english person in Sacramento, CA

with Mouse and Provo