Re: Newcomers

Julie:

A very heartfelt thanks to you.  While Ridecamp has at times inspired me it
has also at times depressed me.  "How can I a mere newbie, jump into this
sport with so many who have such greater knowledge and exerience?"

Don't get me wrong, I am a risk taker kind of gal, always have been and always
will be but it is very nice to know that you don't have to know it all and
have the perfectly nutritioned, conditioned horse and the most up to date,
comfortable equipment to give it a shot.

I have went on many trailrides, non-competative, but these were definately
learning experiences.  :)   Some were good rides, some were bad rides and then
there was that one "trailride from hell".   I didn't give my horse
electrolytes, I didn't sponge him off or spray him, I did not have the right
saddle or the most comfortable clothes.  I did ride, learn, make sure my horse
got plenty of rests, water and did not work too hard (probably spoiled him
actually) and most of all, we both had a good time, except the aforementioned
ride from hell.

Anyway, thanks for the encouraging words and a boost to my conifidence that I
too, can actually do this sport and learn more along the way.

Lori and Keno (the brat, especially on the aforementioned ride from hell)