The Dream

1500 mile horse: I don't know about the majority of you, but it really
wouldn't matter if the horse could do 1500 miles in a year (and I really
think mine could) because I couldn't afford the time or money it would take
to do that kind of mileage.

Best condition horse: Of course having a horse in top condition is
wonderful and I'd love one with the record you described; however by the
time I was ready to compete on this paragon, I'm afraid his condition would
have slipped considerably because I don't ride as much as I should.

Winning horse: I really would not be interested in a horse that won all the
time because I like to pleasure ride too, and I have a feeling that a horse
that would be that competitive would not make a very enjoyable pleasure
horse.

HOWEVER You left out my idea of the "dream horse." My dream horse (who is
outside even as I type this) is a filly I have raised by breeding my best
mare to the stallion I consider the best: one that I have fed, worked with,
and taken care of for 3 years in anticipation of taking on her first ride.
She may never win a ride, or even finish one for all I know. BUT having her
has allowed me 3 years of DREAMING!

You know that is precisely what makes this sport great: each rider gets to
set his own goals according to the time, money, effort, and aspirations he
has for it. Even though I'm not very competitive, I do enjoy the excitement
and speed of top tenning once in awhile, and even when I come in dead last
(as I have a couple of times,) I usually enjoy those rides too. It's a
great sport.

Dorothy & Roshani
Hi Tech Tack
Oroville, CA