Re: Egg bar shoes

Susan,  you can find an excellent source of farrier information
on the website www://horseshoes.com  This is the site I found
the help for my foundered mare, when all else in this neck of the
woods was of no help at all.

There is a bulletin board called
Farriers Helping People, and you just post your question there.
Most of the farriers who answer are certified journeyman farriers,
with lots of years of experience AND with classes and training to
keep them current on the latest techniques in hoof care.  They
are an excellent source of help, information, and education.  You
will need to recheck the bulletin board often as the farrier's answers
are posted there for all to see and learn.

Hope this helps.

Sue
Peruvians and Keeshonden
So. Oregon

At 10:51 PM 6/3/98 EDT, you wrote:
>I have an older horse (18 yo) that injured his back feet when he was
younger (
>8 yo).  As a result of the injury he travels funny on both back feet in that
>the heels are  under-run on the left side and he carries the majority of the
>weight towards the outside.  Instead of being level his hoof is carried at an
>angle, or put another way, when looking from the behind the left appears much
>lower than the right side and appears to roll under -- it's rather odd
looking
>but he has gotten along fine with it for many years and many miles -- I guess
>he has learned how to deal with his handicap.  However, as time marches by,
>the degree of rotation seems to be increasing ever so slightly (not sure if
>it's my imagination or not).
>
>Question is this:  Would egg bar shoes be of any benefit on the hind feet?  I
>realize this won't "fix" his problem but I'm wondering if it would help in
the
>weight distribution on the foot.
>
>Thanks in advance for the replies!
>
>Susan