Egg bar shoes

I have an older horse (18 yo) that injured his back feet when he was younger (
8 yo).  As a result of the injury he travels funny on both back feet in that
the heels are  under-run on the left side and he carries the majority of the
weight towards the outside.  Instead of being level his hoof is carried at an
angle, or put another way, when looking from the behind the left appears much
lower than the right side and appears to roll under -- it's rather odd looking
but he has gotten along fine with it for many years and many miles -- I guess
he has learned how to deal with his handicap.  However, as time marches by,
the degree of rotation seems to be increasing ever so slightly (not sure if
it's my imagination or not).

Question is this:  Would egg bar shoes be of any benefit on the hind feet?  I
realize this won't "fix" his problem but I'm wondering if it would help in the
weight distribution on the foot.

Thanks in advance for the replies!

Susan