EN on the internet

Truman/Carlos,

Just a comment on your note on ridecamp

 Perhaps AERC should seriously consider publishing EN in the
> Internet and give the members the option of receiving an electronic
> or printed copy.
>
> Carlos
> Florida

Good idea Carlos.  There are some options here.  One might be a reduced
AERC
membership without EN, but publish EN on the internet so people can

*******
Steph Teeter, Russ humphrey and I visited the AERC office last Sat.
in our role as part of the technical committee and this was one topic
that came up - along with quite a few other internet based options
for the office as well as ride managers and members.

The technical committee under Mike Tomlinson will be making some
recommendations about software used in the office as well as
possible future directions for the online AERC at the KC mid-year
meeting.  The main emphasis will be on the present office operation
though so I would not get my hopes up for an EN online soon.

I just wanted to let the ridecamp readers know that ideas such as
online EN are under consideration along with a lot of others.

But until we get a fairly large part of the membership online -
resources will not be focussed in that area.  I don't have a good
handle on what part of the AERC membership is online yet but I
would be surprised if it exceeded 25%.

Mike Maul
W/CT Regions