Re: The Dream

On Tue, 2 Jun 1998 20:38:13 -0700, krisolko@juno.com (Kristen L Olko)
wrote:

> If you could have a horse that could do any, but only one, which would
> you pick?
>
> (1) A sesson full of wins.
>
> (2) A season full of BC's, but not wins.
>
> (3) A 1500+ ride season, but no wins or top tens

I'd pick [(2) A season full of BC's, but not wins].  Reasons:

   A.  I *gotta* be doing something right in the conditioning program to
get that many BC's ;-)

   B.  The horse is sound, in good health/recovery, obviously does well
with this type of work, and is still competitive enough to manage top
ten.

   C.  A season full of wins may lead to a road of physical degradation,
depending how hard I pushed my horse beyond her physical capabilities.

   D.  A long mileage season may be fine for many, but personally, I
would hope after developing a strong LSD base on my horse that I would
eventually have a chance at top ten.  Kinda hard to figure if number(3)
is enticing unless you know more of the details about the 1500+ ride
season.

Just my inflated buck and a half's worth.  Interesting question to pose
on Ridecamp though!

Kim (and 'Lee)