EZ Boots: holes and color tagging

Hi Patty,
      My husband and I drilled holes in the bottoms of our EZ boots and have
not been sorry (yet).  So far, the holes have not enlarged. I also noticed
that
the EZ boots make their own holes if put on over shoes that have a heel, such
as the St. Croix shoe which we use. A tip for those who use and loose
EZ boots....we started tying pieces of orange ribbon to the wire of the boots
so that if a boot comes off we can find it easily. We use the same ribbon
that we tie on our electric fences. Looks funny, but I just think of it as a
$30 ribbon. Those boots can get real pricey!
Beverly and Flower