distance riding

You can please all the people some of the time
Some of the people all of the time
and none of the people most of the time
I know a lot of new distance riders that seem to think just because they
have done a certain mileage that they know everything. This has happened
with people that my Husband and I take out to start them doing distance
all the time. After a while you just set back and let  them ruin their
horses because everytime you try to SUGGEST that they are doing
something not good for their horses they tell you to MIND YOU OWN
BUSSINESS!!!!   They are to busy running for points and milage and not
caring for the horse. I don't think rules should be made so flexible
that horses are the ones suffering and not the people that didn't want
to quit just because they are 5 miles or what ever distance from the
end. It seems to me that those people are the ones that want the rules
to be more flexible. If the horse has galls from a bad fitting cincha or
breastplate and from an improperly fitting saddle they should be taken
out of the ride....
If the rider is so gun ho than it falls on to the very responsible P & R
people. ( who some of them should be given a gold medal for putting up
with some of the abuss that alot of riders give them, just because the
rider is going to lose points or miles. Read the list and see all the
people that are mad because the rain is keeping them from those points
or mileage and other people in different
regions are still being able to ride. I guess this is just one persons
appinion. But if Maggie's
story made any body mad maybe it hits to close to home.
Rebecca
P.S. There is alot of people running for points and high milage that are
doing a damn good job, too!!!!  They are the ones that should be talking
and being heard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!like Maggie!!
Good work Maggie