Saddle Fit "Agony/Hope"

     Dear Ridecampers,

     I literally am overwhelmed with the responses I have received thus far
     in regards to my saddle fit problem(s). I am in the process of
     corresponding with several of you, but wish to go ahead and thank "all"
     of you for your input. There "is" hope after all!

     A "follow on" to this; I would like to put another question to the
     group. Between now and the time I decide on which saddle to purchase
     (darn it!) - not to mention the waiting period - have any of you used
     breeching with your western saddles and if so, how did it work out (ie:
     interference with stride, rubbing, nylon vs leather, etc.)?

     I have already tried using a nice & clean leather crupper with bad
     results (ie: new to him and/or because it exerted a tremendous amount
     of pressure on his tail in downward motion/hills) so I put it aside.

     Bottom line; I want to do my best to avoid having to rush into
     purchasing a saddle before I have had time to weigh all the pros and
     cons (takes a bit of science these days seems like) "and" I don't want
     to lose any ride time (staying on the flats right now/no big hills).
     Did somebody say something about "pipe dream?" Anyhow, whatever input
     you may have (good or bad) is greatly appreciated.

     Ruth Abair
     rabair@dproti.dcrt.dla.mil