New horse

Well, after a very long hard search for a new horse I have found one
that seems to suit me.  The last horse that I bought did not work out
and I want to make sure that this one will.  I  have one concern about
her and I don't even think it should be a concern and would like to hear
opinions of others, she is 14 years old.  Is this too old to start an
endurance career?  She is a purebred Arabian, never been bred.  She's
been shown in halter and done some barrels, poles and other such events.
She loves to go and has a good mind, also good training.  She is very
friendly and seems to enjoy trail rides.  Also she has been trained to
kind of bypass the trotting gait, is this going to propose a problem?
If I would need to retrain her to trot would it be best to do it on a
lunge line or while saddled?   Any opinions/suggestions are welcome!

Thanks,
Angie