Stirrups for children

Hello.  I unsubscribed awhile back because I just got too busy to keep
up with the list but like a moth to the flame I'm drawn back in :-)

My just turned three year old daughter is learning to ride and I am
wondering whether it is best to give her stirrups to use or not.  I
worry about her getting hung up in stirrups and, having spent most of my
youth riding bareback, I'm convinced that not having stirrups is a great
way to learn balance and feel.  However, stirrups provide some security
and that's important also.  Hence the dilemma.  Since this is off topic
please post me privately if you have any experience or knowledge in this
area.  Thanks so much.

Karen
Ormond Beach, Fl