Applegate-Lassen Trail

OK - so the weather in part of California is absolutely soggy and depressing!
However, every report we can obtain from the strategic locations in Nevada
states the weather is relatively clear and prospects are for a dry weekend, at
least.
This has been a winter from Hell; we're going to go over 70 inches of rain, a
record in recorded history. San Francisco news says it's their wettest since
1862.
The indecision regarding the process of ride management this spring has been
very stressful. We're ready for SUN!
I have to share a macabre joke with all. Actually, it was a conversation
between our daughter and her boyfriend. He said, well this is two strikes
(rain cancelled Castle Rock and looks bad from CA for Applegate-Lassen), what
will happen to Swanton Pacific in August? And she answered, FIRE. This is, of
course, a definite possiblility in this area. There hasn't been a big fire in
50 years, and the fuel supply is considerable. If, after the heavy growth of
this winter, a fire ever gets loose somewhere in the Santa Cruz Mts. - watch
out!
Anyway, Applegate-Lassen is still on, with conditions dry in Nevada. Base camp
will be at the Burns Bros. truck stop in Mill City, Exit 149 off of I-80.

See you soon, whoever may be coming!

Barbara