ERA clinic success

Saturday May 3 the Endurance Riders of Alberta ran a clinic for Newbies.
We had 23 participants including 3 juniors.
We started the morning with a vet check. Then Wayne Delbeke, our club
president talked about electrolytes, Keith Thorne talked about trail and
camp etiquette. Everyone saddled up and they were off to do an 8 mile
loop at 11.45. They returned to camp all smiles , pulsed down and had a
30 minute hold. Lunch was served sandwiches , cookies , fruit and home
baking. A trot out for the vet and off to do another loop.
Everyone was great. Lots of club members rode with them to help on the
trail and give advice.
Back into camp , pulse down and final vet check. BIG SMILES on
everyone's face.
After everyone was finished at the vet check , we presented them with a
t-shirt with the ERA logo and the vet score sheets. Dr. Sean did a vets
choice award  and two riders tied. They received ERA sweat shirts.
Wayne demonstrated easy boots , followed by a question and answer
period.
Supper was served, hamburgers , hot dogs ,salad and lots of goodies. Of
course a BIG pot of beans cowboy food:-D.
Everyone had a great time. The club has new members and the club members
had a fun afternoon.
Thanks to all the ridecampers who sent me information on what to take
and ideas that made my job easier.
Paddi