Re: Mangalarga Marchadors

Hey Bobbie,

So THAT'S where all those Mangalargas went!

A couple of years ago, a whole family appeared on the scene with these
horses doing CTRS in the Ocala Nat'l. Forest in North Central Florida.
Practically noone in the group spoke English...they had an interpreter
with them...I believe he was the farm manager...

Anyhow, they were riding this breed new to all of us...the Mangalarga
Marchador....and they advertised in one of our popular state-wide pub-
lications called Horse & Pony......then, they disappeared. I've often
wondered what happened to them....especially when this thread on the
breed got going.

NOW I KNOW! Your friend bought them out!

I don't personally know of any distance riders who ended up with one;
it will be interesting to tune in to future chapters on these guys...
maybe we all missed something when they were all practically next door!

Take care Bobbie...and good luck on the O.D. 100.

Deena~