Re: AERC Bylaws Suggestions

From: Kim
Email: aliakey@yahoo.com

<<
 Terry,  The question has been asked, do all board members have an e-mail
<< address?  Until we know that answer than the question of being on the
>>net for a meeting would seem to be mute.  Had the board been with the
>>program, the costly phone bills would not have been necessary.  Past >>mistakes should not be the reason to hold meeting on the net.

>Jerry and all--I understand that at least 3 or 4 directors are not on the Net,
>including Donna S-S and Trilby.

>Heidi

I have only been to a few rides in N. California, but met Trilby and her
crewman at Quicksilver Classic.  He said that they only had a black and
white TV (we we chatting about the 'Net and high tech stuff while waiting
for riders to come in).  Seemed perfectly happy as it is, and had no intention
to venture into color.  So, IMHO, I believe Heidi has raised a very valid
concern.  Maybe folks *can* afford computers, the Internet connection,
etc., but they may not *want* to use this type of technology.

I think Tribly's experience and others should not have to be tossed out
the trailer window just because they choose not to adopt the newest
technology.  Sounds like to me the Board has a whole host of other things
to deal with anyway that require more of their attention.  And no, I am not
an AERC member.

Kim