Re: Crash Test

Roger,

I can sympathize -- but I'm only dealing with a partial rotator cuff tear
and a broken rib.  I need to think about that one-armed mount, though.

My gelding didn't take off, though he's very barn sour just now after a six
month layoff.  I tried walking along beside him, but I was having trouble
breathing and started to see colors and stars.  So I caught the reins
through the velcro band I'd looped around the pommel (so that, if he's
looking for food while I'm on the ground, the reins won't fall down over
his head), grabbed my water bottle, and sent him off to the barn -- he
didn't need a lot of encouragement.

My first broken bone, my first experience with a volunteer fire/rescue
unit, my first ride in an ambulance (no screaming sirens, just
transportation to the ER).

Cindy Eyler
Baltimore MD