year book

Kat mentioned that looking in the year book is a good way to see if
somebody <really> rides or just talks a good story.  Based on my
personal experience, I have to disagree.

As a college student, then a financially struggling newly wed, joining
AERC was out of the question!  I needed those $$ to support my luxuries
(horse) and ride entries.  I have been riding endurance & some ECTRA CTR
since the early 80's, but I'll bet that I don't have more than 150 miles
recorded in the book.  I suspect that are more folks like that than you
think.

It isn't worth my while to have past years researched to get me "caught
up" (until I'm <really> close to a big milestone :-)  )

Linda Flemmer