Re: Yearbook

I frankly like being listed in there even with as little mileage as I've
done due to lack of time. I have noticed that there is at least one horse
in there whose name has been mangled so many different ways that it has
been listed under at least two different names- The horse in question is
Ghalidar but his name has been spelled atleast two different ways and is
not even listed correctly. He was ridden by Teddy Lancaster in the NE
region. I wonder how many other horses have their names spelled
incorrectly?  Otherwise, it's a good publication and I enjoy looking at
it every year. Kat is right about looking in it to see who is for real or
not.
Thanks for all the help hauling. We will be having the horses shipped out
on Saturday and I will tell you all about them when they get to Teddy's.
I hope they are ok, but I think they will be.
Gwen
Desert Storm Arabians
1156 Hightop Rd #89                      http://www.beachbum.com/arabians
Blacksburg, VA 24060
540/953-1792

On Wed, 20 May 1998 06:33:51 -0600 "Karen Steenhof"
<steenhof@cyberhighway.net> writes:
>>> I also suggested they save space by not listing horses who have not
>reached
>>> 1000 miles.  When I enrolled my first horse in the program, it was
>with
>the
>>> understanding that the horse's name would appear in the yearbook
>only
>when
>>> it reached 1000 miles and every year thereafter.  There are so many
>horses
>>> with 50-200 miles listed now, that the print is too hard to read!
>(OK,
>I'm
>>> getting older too).
>>

>>I LIKE the fact that every horse that has ever completed an endurance
>ride
>>has its name and mileage printed in the yearbook...and riders too.
>>

>OK.  I'd go along with listing every rider that has completed a
>50-mile
>ride.  But listing every horse will soon take up the space of an
>encyclopedia!  How about a compromise?  Can this information be put up
>on
>the web? (Steph?).  That way we could all access it whenever we
>wanted, not
>just when the yearbook arrived.  It could be sorted in a variety of
>ways--region, overall, total miles etc. etc.
>
>Karen Steenhof
>Boise, Idaho
>steenhof@cyberhighway.net
>
>(PS- the AERC listings won't always distinguish the bs-ers--only AERC
>members are listed, and the mileage listings are only for
>people/horses who
>paid dues for the years they did their miles (unless they paid a
>special
>fee).  I know of some horses whose owners had a tiff with AERC and
>really
>have many more miles than what is shown.)

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]