Re: Yearbook

>> I also suggested they save space by not listing horses who have not
reached
>> 1000 miles.  When I enrolled my first horse in the program, it was with
the
>> understanding that the horse's name would appear in the yearbook only
when
>> it reached 1000 miles and every year thereafter.  There are so many
horses
>> with 50-200 miles listed now, that the print is too hard to read! (OK,
I'm
>> getting older too).
>

>I LIKE the fact that every horse that has ever completed an endurance ride
>has its name and mileage printed in the yearbook...and riders too.

OK.  I'd go along with listing every rider that has completed a 50-mile
ride.  But listing every horse will soon take up the space of an
encyclopedia!  How about a compromise?  Can this information be put up on
the web? (Steph?).  That way we could all access it whenever we wanted, not
just when the yearbook arrived.  It could be sorted in a variety of
ways--region, overall, total miles etc. etc.

Karen Steenhof
Boise, Idaho
steenhof@cyberhighway.net

(PS- the AERC listings won't always distinguish the bs-ers--only AERC
members are listed, and the mileage listings are only for people/horses who
paid dues for the years they did their miles (unless they paid a special
fee).  I know of some horses whose owners had a tiff with AERC and really
have many more miles than what is shown.)