RE: Questions on the SOFT RIDER SADDLE

Linda,

The Sport Saddle was not the choice for my mare.  It is suppose to fit anything with four legs. It was long on the back, would not stay put, rode up so far on the withers that it was pulling the mane.  The stirrups were so uncomfortable that my knees ached.  The seat was great and I never had a sore bottom.  The girth caused my mare to gall everytime I used it.  I moved the stirrups to the girth ring and the girth to the stirrup ring,  That helped the knees but the thing would still ride up and get her galled. I tried a neopreme girth and a crupper and she almost ended over backwards even though if she flagged her tail it would have come off. She scooted and ran from the crupper, scared her to death.  I tried a saddle maker to move the girth back a bit, but was told that the saddle was glued together and then stitched around the edges for cosmetics. I was not impressed with the cost of this either. I consider it a throw away after a couple of years, or just a bareback pad, if it stays together. Over priced in my opinion.
Good Luck with your search.  Don't know much about the softrider saddle and it looks like the maker is putting the halts on anyone discussing it at ridecamp.  What a shame.
JM