breeding trotter to Arab?

I have a good friend and trail riding partner who owns a 17-year-old
Missouri Fox Trotter mare.  The mare is in outstanding shape, and she'd
like to get a baby from her while she is still able.  Of course, she
wants a horse she can raise to be both comfortable and competitive on
trail.   She has recently been talking about breeding this horse with an
Arab -- mostly I think because she's so fond of my Arab's looks and
people-loving personality.  She says she wants to get another breed in
there because the one thing she's not real fond of with the trotters is
their stand-offish attitude, unlike most of the Arabs who seem to really
bond.  I don't have predjudices about breeds the way some do.  I just
prefer Arabs -- have always dreamed of owning my own.  Does anyone know
of anyone with a 50/50 trotter cross, or has anyone had any experience
crossing the breed with an Arab or successfully with a different breed?