Re: DVMS and $$, was: cost of coggins

In a message dated 5/14/98 7:46:45 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
reshan@deyr.ultranet.com writes:

<< There are so many other places out there where it is a constant
 irritation. I'm really tired of feeling like I have to defend my right to
 make a marginal living. If I have to do it even here on ridecamp, I'll just
 sign off. It's too depressing. >>

I hate paying my vet bills and with 7 horses, 3 geriatric dogs and 3 cats,
they are a considerable amount of my budget.  But....    ..I doubt very much
if my own doctor would come,  within 1 1/2 hours from the time I call, and
that includes an hour travel time and stitch me up in the dark by flashlight
at 9:00 at night.   My vets have never failed me in the 20 plus years I have
used the same hospital.  I can't believe you people are whining about the
coggins test and how much it costs.  Think about how much the endurance vets
at a 100 miler could make if they stayed in their clinics, instead of spending
24 hours standing around, sometimes in horrible weather, just because they are
dedicated to endurance.  Find something else to complain about but don't pick
on your vets.........Maryben